This is nicked from Chelly who nicked it from other people who no doubt nicked if from someone with too much time on their hands.
Bold is for Done. Italics is for would like to.
1. Started my own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo (does it have to be in public?)
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown my own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a marathon (I think half counts!)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run (Don’t even know what one is!!!)
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors (pretty much where I live I reckon!)
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person (so close, but didn’t actually go!)
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris (went to the first platform, not the top!)
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a cheque
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous (does Simon Mayo count?)
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
Well done to Chris for his massive redesign of the Wiblogs! Brilliant stuff!
I will continue my regular blogging on the exeblog (http://exeterblog.blogspot.com/) but I will return here for special occasions, much like people return to church at Christmas and Easter.
This is my new blog, and main place of blogging for the moment.
I have set it up for several reasons,
Firstly I wanted somewhere that was more specific to Exeter and the experiences within the city I call home.
Secondly I wanted to distance myself from the “Christian” tag the Wibsite has. It is no longer a tag that describes me correctly, although many of my roots lie there. I am not removing myself from the wib-community though, as I have a good many friends here!
Thirdly I wanted to join the “mainstream” of bloggers, and have a blog that turns up in blog searches and has a flexible template so I can use the blog in different ways in the future.
So please visit, and no doubt I will be back here soon!
…Sorry about the period on inactivity the last few weeks, this is a combination of laziness, the sun being out, and also thinking about blogging and whether this is the place to do it, if my blog should have a different slant or if I will do one at all.
Watch this space…
…have been sent home from work as there was a small explosion in Giraffe in the city centre (BBC News).
Everyone is ok, but it is a bit of a shock in a little city like Exeter, It was decided to close the branch for the day. How we would deal with a “proper” terrorist incident I dare not think!
…Oh dear, after the “Great Tits” of a few weeks ago I now have to bring you “Penis Balloons”
As seen on the BBC website taken before the European football match tonight…
On a less crude note I had a good time at Wiscombe on Sunday, Steve came second in his class and it was good to finally see him in action, but managed to miss him with the camera (just going too fast!) This is the cars engine though…
And a lovely Audi…
And one of his rivals on the hill…
Also since the last update we went to see Tom Baxter at the Cavern, the Cavern is still as manky as ever, but Tom Baxter was great!
…I no longer ache from the run, but it took a few days before I could get down stairs properly!
Seen a few films in the last few weeks, watched Happy-Go-Lucky last weekend, I thought I was not going to like it, the trailers were very annoying, but in fact I really liked it, and not wanting to sound too much like a newspaper review but it was “Life affirming”… Have also watched Sleeper</b<. the Woody Allan film, which was mildly amusing, also one afternoon I watched The Sting, the old Paul Newman and Robert Redford film, which is really good and I bought Brick on DVD (one of my favourite films ever) and watched the directors commentary.
Have also played poker at the City Gate a few times since the last update here, first out one week but last week I was second, which gives me one win and one second place now.
Today we are off to see Otters and Butterflies…
…Completed the GWR today in 2 hours 15, not a fast time but I am just pleased to have finished!
Thanks to my Dad for these photos…
And the official time on the webpage…